Know About Our School
Dagshai Public School (DPS), established in 1957, is an English-medium, co-educational residency school affiliated to The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) for ICSE/ISC classes (up to 10th and 12th grade for Commerce and Humanities streams).
The School is spread over thirty acres of land in absolute green, pleasant, calm and pollution free hilly surroundings. It is situated off the national highway 30 kms from Kalka. The nearest railway stations are Kumarhatti and Dharampur.
The Managing Board of Dagshai Public School is constituted by the Atam Science Trust and consists of eminent and talented persons from diverse fields. The School faculty comprises of a dedicated, experienced and deeply passionate group of educationists. With their efforts, the school has progressed year after year producing the best of ICSE/ISC results in class X & XII. Dagshai Public School has created a name for itself in the field of extra-curriculars securing leading positions in nation-wide competitions and sports events. Over a period of time, in its vast history, Dagshai Public School has catered to students from over fourteen countries, eight states with seven spoken languages and representing over six religions, making it a hub of diversity and multiculturalism.
Subject of study for ICSE students:
English, Hindi, Punjabi, Mathematics, Science (Biology, Chemistry & Physics), History, Geography Commercial Studies, Physical Education, Art and Craft, Music, Socially Useful Productive Work, Moral Science/Divinity and Computer Science are taught by well qualified and experienced academic staff.
Subjects of study for ISC students:
The school has started ISC classes w.e.f 2016 and provides Commerce and Humanities streams to its students. Hence the subjects available are- English, Hindi, Punjabi, Commerce, Accounts, Economics, Maths, Physical Education, History, Geography & Political Science.
Dagshai Public School boasts of state-of the art teaching facilities and support provided to students:
All secondary classes in Dagshai Public School are interactive classrooms with smart boards, networked computers and projectors.
The aim of computer education in the school is to get the children acquainted with the latest in computer technology. The school has installed a very powerful, highly technical, computer laboratory.
Tests and Examinations:
Children are tested regularly and continuously for their academic progress, Class-work, Home-work, Class-tests, Projects, etc. The report cards are given to the parents four times a year to apprise them of the academic proficiency and progress of the child.
Parents are constantly encouraged and are provided with opportunities to interact with the teachers and to assist and share in the progress of their children.
For students of ICSE & ISC winter coaching camp of about a month is held to clear any doubts, revise their syllabus and prepare them for Board exams.
Dagshai Public School focuses on the holistic development of students and offers a plethora of extra-curricular activities to facilitate this:
- Eloquence in expressions through public speaking, declamation , debate, rhetoric, narrative, creative writing and eloqution is honed to inculcate literary taste.
- Dramatics, mimicry, mimes, oratory receive as much impetus as choreography in genre of sorts.
- Vocal and instrumental music, in light and classical form, art and painting are offered as options in a variety of our hobby groups.
- Culinary art, needle-craft, origamy, gardening and socially useful productive work form a part of our extra- curricular activities.
- The corporal development of our children through athletics, yoga, aerobics, gymnastics, karate and “gatka” leave little room for ailment possibilities or health issues. Hostels provide gyming equipment. Games like cricket, volley-ball, basketball, tennis, kick-boxing and badminton are not only regularly played but our well-trained enthusiasts cross all barriers to represent, not only our zone or Region but also qualify at the National Level.
- Creative Writing, Declamation, Athletics and Karate have had our participants win positions at the All India ISC Competitions.
Our variegated school ‘Products’, an energetic bunch of thriving, resourceful, successful, affluent and well-placed alumni are the constant pride of our school, that spark off resplendent flames of recognition and acclaim in the highly competitive outside world. They consist of MPs/MLAs, Army Officers, Police Officers, Film Directors, Judges, Lawyers, Doctors, Educationists & successful businessmen who are settled in India & abroad. List of some of our Shining Stars doing well in society is as under: